Scroll to top
Stanborough School Curriculum Intent
At Stanborough School, we aim to provide a curriculum which:
- Raises students’ aspirations and equips them with the knowledge and skills to succeed and their future learning and careers.
- Engenders high expectations and challenge in order to build students’ resilience and self-belief that they can achieve their potential.
- Provides the depth and detail that enables students to understand and master they key knowledge and skills essential for each subject.
- Is as inspiring and broad as possible to allow students to widen their horizons in each subject.
- Will support all students to become confident and are able to lead, persuade and question others.
- Provides students with opportunities to take their curriculum beyond the classroom to develop their love of learning, independence and creative thinking.
- Offers students a wide range of opportunities to own and personalise their curriculum in order to develop existing talents and interests and discover new ones.
- Is well designed, inclusive and carefully sequenced to provide all students with a rigorous foundation for future progression.
- Fosters the development of students’ character, personal development, health and well-being preparing them to make a valuable contribution to wider society.
The School Learning Journey
Curriculum Vision and Intent for the Whole School