School Direct Trainee Teacher Positions
We are pleased to be able to offer School Direct places for suitable candidates, in partnership with the Alban Federation.
There are two pathways for School Direct:
School Direct Salaried is an employment-based route available to high-quality graduates with at least three years’ work experience who will earn a salary whilst they train.
School Direct Tuition Fee is available to high-quality graduates. You may be eligible for a bursary of up to £32,000 to support you while you train.
Stanborough School offers a high quality training programme and has significant experience and expertise in training teachers and we work closely with our chosen training provider. Training will be provided at the school where you will receive one to one mentoring with a subject specialist, the guidance of a professional mentor and also have access to all the professional development in the school. Together with the Alban Federation, who were judged as an ‘Outstanding’ provider in 2012, we ensure that graduate trainees are able to get the most out of their training and are fully prepared, at the end of the training period, for starting the Induction Year.
What are we looking for in a candidate?
We are looking to recruit high calibre candidates who have the values, qualities and attributes needed to become outstanding teachers, with the drive and motivation to succeed.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Have a positive outlook
- Are passionate about making a difference to the lives and development of young people
- Are patient and adaptable
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Are friendly and approachable
- Are passionate about their subject
- Are creative and imaginative
- Have good organisational skills and excellent time management
- Are reflective and strive to improve their own practice
All applicants will also need to:
- Have successfully completed (or have registered and booked) the Professional Skills tests in Literacy and Numeracy. Information regarding this can be found at
- Complete a declaration regarding any criminal convictions, clearance from the Criminal Records Bureau regarding suitability to work with young people and a fitness to teach declaration
- Demonstrate a passion for working with young people, not just a passion for their subject(s)
- Have relevant experience of being in a school setting (at least one week) and evidence of why teaching is for them
Why choose us for the School Direct Programme?
- Track record of supporting and bringing new teachers into the profession
- New innovative programmes
- Experienced subject knowledge experts in school
- Mentors, coaches and tutors providing support throughout the programme
- A placement in a contrasting school
- Placements and visits to other schools including a special school and schools from a different phase to the one in which you aim to teach
To be eligible for our School Direct programmes, the following qualifications, experience and attributes are required:
- GCSE Grade Cs or above in English and mathematics
- A UK undergraduate degree or a recognised equivalent qualification at 2.2 or above
- At least 50% of degree content must be relevant to the subject applied to train in
- Three years’ experience in a career/valid work (for School Direct salaried)
If you would like further information about entering a career in teaching, you may find the following websites useful:
Information for overseas candidates regarding NARIC
School Experience Programme
Department for Education
Further information can be found at the Alban Federation website at http://www.albanfederation.com/
Applications must be made through UCAS at www.ucas.com/apply/teacher-training and you will need to indicate that Stanborough School is the place you wish to train.
If you are interested in finding out more about the school or wish to arrange a visit prior to an application, please contact Adam Green, Assistant Headteacher by email on email@example.com.