The Learning Resource Centre
The Learning Resource Centre (LRC) is the heart of the school, playing a central role in the ethos and learning at Stanborough.
It is a stimulating, well maintained and eye catching environment capable of simultaneously supporting a variety of groups in study and recreational activities. The LRC is well equipped with books, magazines, newspapers, Kindles, computers, interactive whiteboard, TV and DVD, and visual displays. The resources in the LRC can introduce students to new experiences and promote access to knowledge and enjoyment of learning.
LRC Opening times: 7: 30am-4.10pm Monday –Thursday 7.30am-3.25pm Friday
The Learning Resource Centre is a multi-functional space for:
- Independent learning
- Buddy reading scheme
- Exams venue
- Learning support
- The Hub– for careers, skills and development.
- Staff and student training
- Study shop
- Box office for school events
- Charity fundraising venue
- IT (32 computers and interactive whiteboard)
- A social area for students before school, at break and lunch and after school
- A meeting venue for parents, governors and students seating approximately 70